Asphalt Screed Operator
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Asphalt Screed Operator is to operate the screed; the equipment responsible for grading and leveling asphalt while paving. The operator will also be responsible for ensuring the overall quality of the finished pavement to meet C.J. Miller standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Monitor paver machine while operating the screed.
- Regulate the flow of material during operation to ensure even distribution.
- Check grade, depth, and finish of new pavement.
- Work with other paver operators and crew members to ensure smooth operations and minimize downtime.
- Perform daily safety checks of Paver and other equipment on site.
- Assisting other crew members.
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
Competencies & requirements
- Ability to work with other crew members and lead the team when required.
- Thorough working knowledge of paving including grades, compaction, mix designs, prep work, and other items related to asphalt paving.
- Flexibility to work day shift or night shift.
Minimum of two years’ experience in asphalt screed operation.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by the Asphalt Screed Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Performing this job requires an understanding of C.J. Miller, LLC values and adherence of all Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work on‐site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.