Asphalt Field Tech
CJ Miller, a full-service site contractor based in Hampstead, MD in Carroll County is seeking an asphalt field technician for quality control. This position is ideal for an experienced, organized individual. This is a great work environment for someone with the right attitude and a willingness to work with others.
- Responsible for conducting field testing to ensure product meets local, state and federal standards
- Must perform daily testing for compaction with a nuclear density gauge
- Responsible for taking representative samples from daily production
- Prepare and submit proper documentation to Quality Control Manager
- Communicates as needed with local, state, and federal agencies
- The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience with a clear understanding of asphalt procedures/production
- Must be responsible and reliable
- Must operate in a safe manner at all times
- Must have strong communication skills
- Knowledge of products and product components is a plus
- Must be organized and pay attention to detail
- Must have a clean motor-vehicle record (Supply a current 3 year non-certified Record).
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Must be able to handle the physical requirements of the job such as lifting 50 lbs unassisted
- Our Culture:
In business for 60 years, C.J. Miller is a company with a strong focus on “doing good work.” We are a growing company, but one where we treat our employees like family. We hold an annual company picnic and encourage safe practices through our “Miller Bucks Safety/Performance Program,” where employees are awarded points to use in our online store when they follow safety protocols and avoid any violations or preventable accidents or damage. The nature of the construction industry can be hectic at times, and C.J. Miller employees maintain a good sense of humor and pride in the quality of work they provide.Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short-term disability
- Miller Bucks Safety/Performance Program
- Quarterly Employee Raffle Drawings
- Annual Company Picnic
Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Don’t miss the opportunity to start your career today. Apply now using the form below or email email@example.com.
At C. J. Miller LLC, we want you to grow with us, and our training and coaching will help you reach your maximum potential. Each day with us will bring new learning opportunities and experiences, helping you grow your skills and leadership abilities and grow within the company.
C.J. Miller LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.