CJ Miller LLC, a family-owned site contracting business with nearly 500 employees, is seeking a highly qualified Assistant Controller for its Hampstead headquarters. In business for 60 years, CJ Miller is a company with a strong focus on “If you do good work, you’ll never run out of work” as the core philosophy as quoted by our founder, Charles J. “Buck” Miller. We are a growing company, but one where we treat our employees like family. We hold an annual company picnic and encourage safe practices through our “Miller Bucks Safety/Performance Program,” where employees are awarded points to use in our online store when they follow safety protocols and avoid any violations or preventable accidents or damage.
This position will report to the Corporate Controller out of the Hampstead headquarters. The business hours are from Mon.-Fri., 8 AM to 4 PM however hours are flexible as it relates to start and end times and the actual hours worked will depend on workload but will typically be around 40-50 hours per week.
- Must possess excellent leadership, time management and organizational skills
- Capable of multitasking, while paying exceptional attention to detail
- Must be able to perform tasks quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to supervise, train, mentor and drive direct reports, peers and supervisors to attain a high level of performance
- Must be a team player and willing to perform other duties as assigned or requested (a
“Whatever it takes” and “Thinks like an owner” attitude
- Must be highly proficient in Excel as well as the other Microsoft Office suite of products such as
Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be proficient and comfortable in using ERP systems (current system is ViewPoint)
- Will be a key member in the monthly accounting close including reviewing, approving and posting journal entries, reconciliations and reporting and supervising staff to meet deadlines
- Assistant Controller will work with the Executive Management, Controller, Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Operations as directed to help execute daily activities and projects
- Assist with preparing various daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required for Management, Banks, Advisory Board Members and others
- Play a key role in the annual financial statement audit
- Play a key role in the annual 401(k) benefit plan audit
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- 6 to 12 years of post-college Accounting or Finance experience is required (those with an
Accounting degree a mix of public and private experience is a plus)
- Construction and Cost Accounting experience is a plus
- Certified Public Accounting certification is a plus
- Masters in Business Administration or other advanced degree is a plus
- Ability to report to our Hampstead headquarters to perform assigned tasks at agreed to times, respect confidential matters and perform quality work while demonstrating a positive attitude and high level of energy is required
- Additional tasks and projects as requested
Benefits Highlights (not all inclusive):
- 401(K) with match (Traditional and Roth)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance is offered
- Flexible Work Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Assistance with CPE credits
- Invitation to Annual Company Picnic Aug. 17
Kent David Miller Chief Financial Officer
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Don’t miss the opportunity to start your career today. Apply now using the form below or email email@example.com.
At C. J. Miller LLC, we want you to grow with us, and our training and coaching will help you reach your maximum potential. Each day with us will bring new learning opportunities and experiences, helping you grow your skills and leadership abilities and grow within the company.
C.J. Miller LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.