C.J. Miller, a full-service site contractor based in Carroll County, is looking for assistant estimators to assist in the estimating and bidding process. This is an entry-level position that will involve reviewing plans, obtaining subcontractor and vendor pricing and quotes, quantity take-offs, and work related to assisting the Senior Estimators bidding the projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be proficient in mathematics. Familiarity with the construction industry is a plus, but not required.
- Download and organize project documents for projects to bid
- Send out requests for subcontractor and vendor pricing and organize
- Attend pre-bids as needed
- Provide full demolition, earthwork, utilities, and asphalt paving takeoffs
- Adhere to bidding schedules
- Request RFI’s to Owners
- Assist senior estimators as needed and any other estimating related duties as assigned
- Must be able to read and understand and interpret civil plans and specifications
- Purchasing experience helpful
- Experience in the construction industry specifically site work preferred, however if none we will provide training in the field prior to office duties
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with takeoff software such as PlanSwift and In-site helpful but not required
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and be an independent thinking and highly motivated individual driven to advance to the next level when ready
- Responsible for compliance with our companies standards and procedures
In business for nearly 60 years, C.J. Miller is a company with a strong focus on “doing good work.” We are a growing company, but one where we treat our employees like family. We hold an annual company picnic and encourage safe practices through our “Miller Bucks Safety/Performance Program,” where employees are awarded points to use in our online store when they follow safety protocols and avoid any violations or preventable accidents or damage. Our employees have a strong work ethic and many of our employees have a 20-40-year tenure with the company.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short-term disability
- Miller Bucks Safety/Performance Program
- Annual Company Picnic
Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary requirements with the subject line Assistant Estimator to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Don’t miss the opportunity to start your career today. Apply now using the form below or email email@example.com.
At C. J. Miller LLC, we want you to grow with us, and our training and coaching will help you reach your maximum potential. Each day with us will bring new learning opportunities and experiences, helping you grow your skills and leadership abilities and grow within the company.
C.J. Miller LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.