The primary responsibility of this position is to operate a Gradall to excavate, load, stockpile, spread and grade dirt, stone and other materials. May be tire or track driven. May be attached to a diesel truck, which requires the operator to drive on public roads, and thus perform similar duties of the Dump Truck Driver. The ideal candidate will have five years excavating, utility or other applicable experience operating heavy equipment; two of which can include operating an excavator, dozer or other type of fine grading equipment.
- Utilize steering wheel, pedals and levers to control speed and direction of machine
- Utilize pedals or levers to control length, height, pitch angler and rotation of bucket
- Install/change attachments using levers and hand tools
- Interpret signals, stakes and markings to respect plan specifications
- Perform daily preventative maintenance such as track cleaning, inspection for damage and fluid check
- Adhere to all prescribed safety practices and procedures
- Operate truck in a safe and orderly manner according to all Federal, State, and Local regulations
- Operate truck according to CJ Miller LLC safety rules and procedures
- Maneuver truck into operating position, following signals from crew as needed
- May be required to perform other labor/operator related tasks (based on experience, abilities, knowledge of incumbent and direction of Foreman) as necessary in assisting crew with job completion
In addition to the knowledge, skills and abilities of the Excavator Operator:
- Ability to grade dirt, stone and other materials within ½” of marked specifications, and grade areas to finished grade
- Maintain Class B CDL with airbrake endorsement
- Clean driving record
- MSHA Traffic Control Certification
In business for nearly 60 years, C.J. Miller is a company with a strong focus on “doing good work.” We are a growing company, but one where we treat our employees like family. We hold an annual company picnic and encourage safe practices through our “Miller Bucks Safety/Performance Program,” where employees are awarded points to use in our online store when they follow safety protocols and avoid any violations or preventable accidents or damage. The nature of the construction industry can be hectic at times, and C.J. Miller employees maintain a good sense of humor and pride in the quality of work they provide.
• Competitive Salary
• Paid Time Off
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Life Insurance
• Short-term disability
• Miller Bucks Safety/Performance Program
• Annual Company Picnic
Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Don’t miss the opportunity to start your career today. Apply now using the form below or email email@example.com.
At C. J. Miller LLC, we want you to grow with us, and our training and coaching will help you reach your maximum potential. Each day with us will bring new learning opportunities and experiences, helping you grow your skills and leadership abilities and grow within the company.
C.J. Miller LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.