POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of this position is to operate a truck mounted Hydroseeder to cover designated areas with a mixture of water, seed, fertilizer and hydrolock (wood fiber) according to specifications. The hydroseeder is attached to a diesel truck which requires Operator to drive on public roads, and thus perform similar duties of the Dump Truck Driver.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Uses pump and a large, filtered hose to extract water from hydrants, creeks and ponds for use in spraying
- Dumps required mixture of seed, fertilizer and hydrolock into tank, then activates tank agitator
- Directs spray pattern of nozzle to ensure desired coverage according to specifications
- Performs daily preventative maintenance to equipment on truck such as cleaning and lubrication
- Assists in mulching of newly seeded area
- Interpret signals, stakes and markings to respect plan specifications
- Adhere to all prescribed safety practices and procedures
- Operate truck in a safe and orderly manner according to all Federal, State, and Local regulations
- Operate truck according to CJ Miller LLC safety rules and procedures
- Maneuver truck into operating position, following signals from crew as needed
- May be required to perform other labor/operator related tasks (based on experience, abilities, knowledge of incumbent and direction of Foreman) as necessary in assisting crew with job completion
Competencies & requirements
- Maintain Class B CDL with airbrake endorsement
- Relatively clean driving history
- MSHA Traffic Control Certification
Two years excavating, utility or other applicable experience operating heavy equipment
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by the Hydroseeder Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus
- Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work on‐site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud
In business for 60 years, C.J. Miller is a company with a strong focus on “doing good work.” We are a growing company, but one where we treat our employees like family. We hold an annual company picnic and encourage safe practices through our “Miller Bucks Safety/Performance Program,” where employees are awarded points to use in our online store when they follow safety protocols and avoid any violations or preventable accidents or damage. Our employees have a strong work ethic and this year alone, we had several employees celebrating 30 or 35-year anniversaries with the company.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short-term disability
- Miller Bucks Safety/Performance Program
- Annual Company Picnic
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Don’t miss the opportunity to start your career today. Apply now using the form below or email email@example.com.
At C. J. Miller LLC, we want you to grow with us, and our training and coaching will help you reach your maximum potential. Each day with us will bring new learning opportunities and experiences, helping you grow your skills and leadership abilities and grow within the company.
C.J. Miller LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.