Truck Shop Mechanic
C.J. Miller, a full-service site contractor based in Carroll County, is seeking an experienced, reliable Mechanic who possessed the skills and abilities to service, trouble shoot and repair vehicles and equipment. This position will be based out of our Hampstead headquarters and the employee will return home daily.
If you have experience and a great attitude, we would love to hear from you and help you build your career.
- Observe, review, test and diagnose performance issues on trucks to determine appropriate parts and repairs needed, including operating diagnostic equipment
- Communicate diagnosis to Foreman and/or Parts department to obtain necessary parts. Supplies to complete repair
- Perform routine maintenance such as fluid and filter changes, collect and label fluid samples, lubrication, inspect for excessive wear and/or damage
- Utilize power and hand tools to remove, replace and adjust fasteners and locking mechanisms, hoist and replace parts
- Adhere to established safety procedures with regard to lock-out/tag-out, hoisting and other typical shop activities
- Perform moderate repairs on brakes, exhaust, hydraulic components, lights and electrical systems
- Maintain work order, log of maintenance and repairs performed to specific vehicles
- Perform DOT-regulated inspections
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of diesel repair equipment program or two years mechanic experience, including light to moderate repairs on heavy trucks
- Must have own basic tools (shop will supply specialty tools)
- CDL desired
In business for over 60 years, C.J. Miller is a company with a strong focus on “doing good work.” We are a growing company, but one where we treat our employees like family. We hold an annual company picnic and encourage safe practices through our “Miller Bucks Safety/Performance Program,” where employees are awarded points to use in our online store when they follow safety protocols and avoid any violations or preventable accidents or damage.
• Competitive Salary
• Paid Time Off
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Life Insurance
• Short-term disability
• Miller Bucks Safety/Performance Program
• Annual Company Picnic
Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: email@example.com
3514 Basler Rd
Hampstead, Maryland 21074
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Don’t miss the opportunity to start your career today. Apply now using the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At C. J. Miller LLC, we want you to grow with us, and our training and coaching will help you reach your maximum potential. Each day with us will bring new learning opportunities and experiences, helping you grow your skills and leadership abilities and grow within the company.
C.J. Miller LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.