CDL Driver with Tanker and HAZMAT Endorsements
The primary responsibility of this position is to fuel and lubricate all types of heavy construction equipment on the jobsites, requiring the employee to operate a heavy truck equipped with a fuel, grease and the applicable delivery systems.
Essential Job Duties:
- Operate truck in a safe and orderly manner according to all Federal, State, and Local regulations
- Operate truck according to CJ Miller LLC safety rules and procedures
- Follow prescribed route and maintenance schedule
- Fuel to capacity, apply grease to fittings and blow out air filters of all pieces of equipment on jobsite
- Record all services including dates, quantities and equipment numbers
- Avoid hitting utilities, stakes and other jobsite hazards
- Perform pre-trip and post trip inspections of equipment
- A Sense of Responsibility: Must have a good sense of responsibility and adhere to safety requirements when driving, be courteous to clients, and treat goods with care.
- An Ability to Work Independently: Often spends long stretches of time driving alone and therefore must be able to handle being alone and having sole responsibility for the truck and the goods/products it transports.
- An Impeccable Driving Record: Must have an excellent driving record for assurances of safety for all drivers, vehicles, and co-workers.
- Customer Service Skills: Must have excellent customer service skills when dealing with clients/co-workers/sub-contractors.
- Knowledge of Truck Mechanics: Should have basic knowledge of how a truck operates and be able to perform repairs as necessary, such as changing a tire.
- Maintenance Skills: A truck driver should be able to perform maintenance tasks that help ensure the truck meets compliance and other safety standards.
- Four years commercial driving experience, two of which hauling fuel or other hazmats, with a relatively clean driving record
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Constant physical effort, including standing and sitting is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform key duties.
- Frequently walk and climb on uneven surfaces of heavy equipment.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds and carry at least 30 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to operate hand tools.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the road construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.