Fleet Body Shop and Paint Tech Assistant
FT/ Hourly, Non-Exempt
Truck Shop Manager
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform body and prep work on fleet vehicles and/or equipment. This position will also assist the lead shop painter in executing paint work to minimize equipment down time.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform prep work and body repairs
- Assist lead Painter as needed with paint work and vinyl decal application
- Order and maintain supplies needed to perform repairs
- Welding and fabrication experience is a plus but not required
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in paint and body repair
- Must be familiar with all phases of paint and body repair
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Able to take direction well and work independently or as a team
- Must take pride in performing quality work
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work area at all times
- Must have basic set of hand tools
- Communication skills, ability to read, write and comprehend instruction
- Automotive body repair and paint skills
- One (1) to Three (3) years’ repair experience in automotive and/or heavy construction equipment body work
Physical Demand Requirements:
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
- Standing, walking, bending, climbing and stretching are required outside in the weather for extended periods during the shift.
- Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50 pounds are regularly required to perform routine functions.
- Regular and peripheral vision sufficient to safely operate forklift equipment in an active work area and perform job functions as described above.
- Hearing must be sufficient to safely operate forklift equipment in an active work area.