Fleet Paint and Body Technician
FT/ Hourly, Non-Exempt
Truck Shop Manager
The primary responsibility of this position is to execute paint and body work repair to equipment to maintain appearance of large fleet of company trucks, cars and equipment while minimizing equipment down-time.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform paint and body repairs
- Install company and manufacturer decals
- Utilize power and hand tools to remove, replace and adjust fasteners and locking mechanisms, hoist parts
- Adhere to established safety procedures with regard to lock-out/tag-out, hoisting and other typical shop activities
- Order and maintain supplies needed to perform repairs
- Welding and fabrication a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in paint and body repair
- Must be familiar with all phases of paint and body repair
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must have own tools
- Able to take direction well and work independently or as a team
- Must take pride in performing quality work
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and cannot be under the influence of any prescription medication that would limit or reduce the ability to drive or operate in or around a commercial vehicle safely
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work area at all times
- Communication skills, ability to read, write and comprehend instruction
- Automotive body repair and paint skills
- Three years repair experience in automotive and/or heavy construction equipment body work
Physical Demand Requirements:
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
- Standing, walking, bending, climbing and stretching are required outside in the weather for extended periods during the shift.
- Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50 pounds are regularly required to perform routine functions.
- Regular and peripheral vision sufficient to safely operate forklift equipment in an active work area and perform job functions as described above.
- Hearing must be sufficient to safely operate forklift equipment in an active work area.