Truck Shop Mechanic
C.J. Miller, a full-service site contractor based in Carroll County, is seeking an experienced, reliable Mechanic who possessed the skills and abilities to service, trouble shoot and repair vehicles and equipment. This position will be based out of our Hampstead headquarters and the employee will return home daily.
If you have experience and a great attitude, we would love to hear from you and help you build your career.
- Observe, review, test and diagnose performance issues on trucks to determine appropriate parts and repairs needed, including operating diagnostic equipment
- Communicate diagnosis to Foreman and/or Parts department to obtain necessary parts. Supplies to complete repair
- Perform routine maintenance such as fluid and filter changes, collect and label fluid samples, lubrication, inspect for excessive wear and/or damage
- Utilize power and hand tools to remove, replace and adjust fasteners and locking mechanisms, hoist and replace parts
- Adhere to established safety procedures with regard to lock-out/tag-out, hoisting and other typical shop activities
- Perform moderate repairs on brakes, exhaust, hydraulic components, lights and electrical systems
- Maintain work order, log of maintenance and repairs performed to specific vehicles
- Perform DOT-regulated inspections
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of diesel repair equipment program or two years mechanic experience, including light to moderate repairs on heavy trucks
- Must have own basic tools (shop will supply specialty tools)
- CDL desired