Asphalt Roller Operator
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Asphalt Roller Operator is to compact asphalt material(s) to the specified finish and density with the use of various sized rollers. The operator will also be responsible for ensuring the overall quality of the finished pavement to meet C.J. Miller standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Operate machine in a safe manner and in accordance with C.J. Miller, LLC safety policies and procedures.
- Observe paving operations and identify defects in finished surface such as seams, depressions, edges, etc.
- Work with other paver operators and crew members to ensure smooth operations and minimize downtime.
- Perform daily safety checks of Roller and other equipment on site.
- Assisting other crew members.
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
Competencies & requirements
- Ability to work with other crew members.
- Thorough working knowledge of paving including grades, compaction, mix designs, prep work, and other items related to asphalt paving.
- Flexibility to work day shift or night shift.
Minimum of two years’ experience in asphalt roller operation.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by the Asphalt Roller Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Performing this job requires an understanding of C.J. Miller, LLC values and adherence of all Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work on‐site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.