Traffic Control Manager
CJ Miller LLC, a full-service site contractor based in Carroll County, is seeking a Traffic Control Manager to direct traffic around our job sites. The ideal candidate will be respectful and courteous to the public, diligent in directing the traffic in order to maintain the safety of our employees and the public, dependable and have a positive attitude. Training will be provided, and this is a great opportunity for someone looking to enter the construction industry and who enjoys working outdoors.
- Correctly and consistently direct traffic around job sites
- Maintain the safety of CJM employees and the general public by being vigilant in monitoring and directing traffic
- Be able to follow directions and assist the Traffic Control Manager when necessary
- Communicate effectively with other flaggers, the foreman, and other employees
- Record license plate information of motorists violating safety protocol
- Effectively use hand signals and the traffic paddle to communicate with motorists
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Must have steel-toe safety boots
- Must be able to handle the physical requirements of the job such as standing for long periods of time, kneeling, stooping, reaching hands in the air, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to follow directions well
- Must have an excellent attendance rate
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Flagger Certification preferred, but not necessary